This is your chance to meet face-to-face the names you probably only see on the spines of books and bylines in local dailies.
Over the years, my bragging right as a literary junkie is that I have amassed autographed books by major Filipino writers and have had photo ops with them. Ahem.
Cebu LitFest features Cecilia Manguerra Brainard, Lawrence Ypil, and Linda Faigao-Hall. The event starts at 10:30 am and ends with a celebration of Cebuano music and poetry featuring performances by Cattski & The Wonggoys at 7:30 pm.So, have your ballpens and books or CDs for autograph signing ready!
Talks, moderated conversations, exhibits, demos, presentations, a book launch and a music and poetry jam! Best of all, its free!
10 by 10| 10 LitFest Activities. Event starts around 10:30am
- Talk: Ten Things You Need to Know about Being a Cebuano Playwright in NYC by Linda Faigao Hall
- Presentation: Promoting Reading through Storytelling by Cris Evert Lato of the Basadours
- Presentation: Pechakucha by Jay Chiongbian of Pechakucha Cebu
- Interactive Demo: Storytelling though Songs by Cattski Espina of 22 Tango Records
- Presentation: Promoting Literacy across the Mountains and Seas by Andrew Buenaviaje of iLearners
- Presentation: How Stories have Inspired our Art by Mark Deutsch of Happy Garaje, followed by an exhibit of the sculpture "Children and Kings" as inspired by A Game of Thrones
- Moderated Conversation: Palanca 101 with Januar Yap, Shane Carreon, Jona Bering, Ian Rosales Casocot and Lilia Tio, to be moderated by Jane Frias
- Talk: Seashells, Shorts and the Poetry of History by Lawrence Ypil
- Moderated Conversation: How To Get Published with Cebu Daily News’ Eileen Mangubat, Sun Star Daily’s Isolde Amante, and The Freeman’s Marlinda Angbetic Tan, to be moderated by Chloe Palang
- Talk: Cebu As Inspiration To My Writings By Cecilia Manguerra Brainard. www.ceciliabrainard.com PLUS
- Moderated Conversation: Writing In Diaspora With Cecilia Manguerra Brainard, Linda Faigao Hall, and Lawrence Ypil, to be moderated by Jude Bacalso
- Book Launch: The Other(ed) Woman by Hope Sabanpan Yu
- Concert: LitFest Jam, a celebration of Cebuano music and poetry featuring performances by 22 Tango Records' Cattski, The Wonggoys, and Jessica McYorker with the poetry of Ana Escalante Neri, Danessa Alinsug, Ester Tapia, Gilmin Royo Kakilala, Jeneen Garcia, Simeon Dumdum Jr, Estefanio Luceno, Malu Gayamat, Gremer Chan Reyes, Karla Quimsing, Christine Godinez Ortega, and Adonis Durado as read by Michael Karlo Lim, June Rabin, Andi Patena, Joanna Vasquez Arong, Clint Solante, John Paulo Agir, Shiela Pialago, among others.
#CebuLitFest on Friday, June 27 is co-presented by Little Boy Productions and the Cebuano Studies Center in cooperation with the Arts Council of Cebu, Ayala Center Cebu, 22 Tango Records, Happy Garaje, East West Café at the IT Park, Pepper Lunch, Coffee Bean and Tea Leaf and Shakey's.